09 November 2013

July 31, 2013. A Day in the Life.

A Day In The Llfe, or, What Comes Around Goes Around. After exiting the Muni Underground at Montgomery Street, I came across a dime on the sidewalk. I picked up the coin and pocketed it. I proceeded on my way to the bank, and made a few other stops. On my way back down Montgomery, I observed an older gent, briskly walking north, dressed as Emperor Norton, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico. The uniform and beard were accurate, resembling photos of the Emperor. This older gent is Norton II, I presume. Cheered by the realization that What Is Old Is New Again, I went on to Stonestown, to shop at Trader Joe's. After I had finished shopping, and was waiting for a bus (the 18) I was approached by two teen boys, one of whom asked me for a dime. After a brief admonition on the perils of begging on the streets, I gave him the dime I had found. He handed it off to his friend. They went happily on their way. No doubt The Universe Is Unfolding As It Should.

No comments: